© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
For decades, cricket has been considered a gentleman’s game. Fine pitch, critical bouncers, twists and turns, sweeps and lofts, and running shoes all around. A game of elite class and an exciting spirit with a billion-strong fan base worldwide.
Today, we have a chance to take you across a terrain of cricket quotes. Through these inspirational quotes by cricketers, we shall wander into cricketing memories.
Such inspirational cricket quotes will leave you mesmerized and propel you to make life-changing decisions.
120 Best Cricket Quotes
Cricket Quotes are quotes that focus on the sport of cricket. They express a range of sentiments such as motivation, appreciation, respect, and enthusiasm for the game. These quotes can come from players, commentators, and writers, as well as from popular culture, literature, and elsewhere. Cricket is a game that has been played since medieval times and has a long, exciting history.
Here are some of the most inspiring cricket quotes, which can help to motivate and encourage you in your own cricketing journey.
20 Inspiring Cricket Quotes with Images
1. Life is simply a cricket match, with temptation as the bowler.
2. You don’t play for the crowd. You play for the country. — Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3. I cannot for the life of me see why the umpires, the only two people on a cricket field who are not going to get grass stains on their knees, are the only two people allowed to wear dark trousers.
4. If you make every game of cricket a life-and-death thing, you’re going to have problems. You’ll be dead a lot.
5. Cricket to us was more than play, It was worship in the summer sun.
6. Many people think life is a game; I think cricket is a game.
7. Cricket is not everything, not by any means, but it is a large part of who I am.
8. Nothing is easy in cricket. Maybe when you watch it on TV, it looks easy. But it is not. You have to use your brain and time the ball.
9. You don’t need to play every ball but every ball needs your judgment.
10. Cricket matches are not about losing and winning, it is about enjoying.
11. I want to see a full day’s cricket. It’s what the series deserves.
12. I had said then that it was the biggest upset in the history of cricket. I can’t say for sure whether that is true but it definitely has been the biggest disappointment for me.
13. Sure, luck means a lot in cricket. Not having good fielders is bad luck.
14. Enjoy the game and chase your dreams. Dreams do come true!
15. Cricket is the only sport in the world where you are absolutely horrible at something and you still need to go out and do it.
16. I think that a leader is someone that needs to make an impact on and off the cricket field.
17. Cricket has captured the imagination of the nation, this is fantastic, beyond a dream. When England players win at any sport, the fans are the best in the world.
18. Cricket as a passion is distinctly contagious.
19. Cricket is quite a gentle, harmless game, but he is a lucky man who has not to sweat some blood before he’s done with it.
20. It was borne out of World Series Cricket and it’s almost an institution in world cricket, so from that point of view, everyone understands and knows very well what a big event it is.
20 Cricket Motivational Quotes
21. When you have to work, work with a smile.
22. Take Risks, if you win, you will be happy if you lose, you will be wise.
23. I was never coached; I was never told how to hold a bat. — Don Bradman
24. “Cricket is a pressure game, and when it comes to an India-Pakistan match the pressure is doubled.” — Imran Khan
25. “It’s not how much you win or lose in life, it’s how you play the game.” — Richie Benaud
26. Losing in cricket is a great Indian sin.
27. Champions never sleep, the eternal spirit keeps them alert and awake.
28. “I had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and cricket was one of them.” – Sachin Tendulkar
29. Make me umpire, my favorite team will never lose any match.
30. Everything I know about being a gentleman, I owe it to Cricket.
31. Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.
32. Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.
33. Serious cricket is war minus the shooting.
34. A Cricket ground is worthless until it has 2 dashing umpires and 22 exciting players.
35. Test matches bore people, One-day matches excite people.
36. I enjoy outdoor games but love cricket most.
37. Oh God, if there be cricket in heaven, let there also be rain.
38. We lost the game on purpose; it’s just a ruse so that we could trample you in the final.
39. I think you enjoy the game more if you don’t know the rules. Then you’re on the same wavelength as the umpire.
40. Play Life like a Cricket match.
20 Cricket Captions
41. “A good cricketer should be able to adapt himself to any situation.” – Kapil Dev
42. “Cricket is a game that crystalizes into form the essential truth of all things: Everyone plays.” – Dean Perrett
43. The other teams could make trouble for us if they win.
44. Stumping by Dhoni is even faster than light.
45. The hallmark of a great captain is the ability to win the toss, at the right time.
46. We don’t need an umpire, but I guess white guys need something to do.
47. The minute you hesitate you are in trouble.
48. The People You Choose to have around you make all the difference.
49. Life is like Cricket Take Infinite Wickets and Face the Pace to Win the Race.
50. As far as the World Cup is concerned, it is a process. We don’t want to jump to the 50th floor straight away. We must start on the ground floor.
51. A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own – Adam Gilchrist
52. Compromise for your dream, but never compromise on your dream. – Imran Khan
53. Cricket is a funny game, we have legends and living legends but the game doesn’t stop for anyone! – Kumar Sangakkara
54. Every Batsman surveys the field before taking a strike, and usually, the fielders get imprinted on his mind. But in my mind I only see the fielders, I don’t see the gaps. – Ricky Ponting
55. First of all, convince yourself that you’re the best because the rest of the world is going to go proving this to others. – Wasim Akram
56. The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity.
57. Far from all resort of mirth, Save the cricket on the hearth!
58. We have a lot of cricket coming up against Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies, and England. That’s going to be tough, so I think it’s good that he’s taking a break now and he can come back completely healed.
59. I’m at a loss for words. That is my best moment in cricket by far.
60. “Cricket is a most precarious profession; it is called a team game but, in fact, no one is so lonely as a batsman facing a bowler supported by ten fieldsmen and observed by two umpires to ensure that his error does not go unpunished.” — John Arlott, An Eye for Cricket
20 Cricket Lover Quotes
61. My approach to cricket has been reasonably simple: it was about giving everything to the team, it was about playing with dignity and it was about upholding the spirit of the game. I hope I have done some of that. I have failed at times, but I have never stopped trying. It is why I leave with sadness but also with pride. – Rahul Dravid
62. Collectively and individually fielding is largely a matter of thought and discipline.
63. My aim is to play Test matches. For me, there is a different feel of Test cricket as it tests your character. You come to know about your mental toughness, and most importantly, there is another level of satisfaction as a player. — Suresh Raina
64. A true batsman should in most of his strokes tell the truth about himself.
65. Cricket is the most important thing to me, so the rest of it pales in comparison.
66. Cricket is basically baseball on valium.
67. Cricket is not only my passion it’s my Life & Attitude.
68. I have three dogs at home. Even after losing a series or winning a series, they treat me the same way. — Mahendra Singh Dhoni
69. I want people to remember me as a Good Person, Not as a Good Cricketer. — Mahendra Singh Dhoni
70. Irrespective of whether you have talent or not, one has to work hard. Just being talented isn’t anything; you can end up wasting it before you realize it. – Virat Kohli
71. No dream is ever chased alone. – Rahul Dravid
72. People throw stones at you and you convert them into Milestones. – Sachin Tendulkar
73. Sports teaches you that there is always a second innings in life. If you fail today, there’s a second innings maybe two days later. – Harsha Bhogle
74. “If you have a lot of passion, you can make the impossible possible.” – Virat Kohli
75. “Once upon a time Cricket Was My Reason For Living.”
76. If you play good cricket, a lot of bad things get hidden.
77. Cricket Is Life… Everything Else Is Just a Game.
78. “Cricket is all about sportsmanship and fair play. Play the game with passion and commitment, stay humble and respect your opponents.” – Shane Warne
79. You can cut the tension with a cricket stump.
80. Try to read the mindset of a batsman.
20 Cricket Thoughts
81. The Test cricket we’ve played over the last few weeks has been of a very high standard.
82. The only good thing about that decision, Gatt, is that I’ll get tea before you.
83. Once again our cricketers have flattered to deceive in the country.
84. “It isn’t necessary to be rich and famous to be a cricketer. What you do need is courage, determination and self-belief.” – Shane Warne
85. No cricket team in the world depends on one or two players. The team always plays to win.
86. “Cricket is a team game. If you want glory for yourself, go play an individual game.” – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
87. “Some folks will say ‘Oh, Winning ain’t all!” But I know it is all. At the end of the day no one looks at the loser. So that is why we play to win.” – Vivian Richards
88. “Winning isn’t everything; but wanting to win is.” – Virender Sehwag
89. Sometimes in Life You have to Duck the Ball.
90. “A dead rubber doesn’t mean you don’t play or don’t take it seriously. It’s still cricket and you have to play it to the best of your ability.” – Graeme Smith
91. “It’s a game of glory and honor, played according to the rules and regulations; cricket is a gentleman’s game.” – Virat Kohli
92. Cricket is my first love.
93. Cricket is about a lot more than playing by the rules, Mistry. It’s a gentleman’s game. Don’t you ever forget that?
94. Childhood without Galli cricket is like no childhood.
95. Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success. — Virat Kohli
96. A cricket ground is a flat piece of earth with some buildings around it.
97. “This great game of cricket teaches you honor, integrity, discipline, and humility.” – Rahul Dravid
98. I like people who do not need everyone to like them. — Virat Kohli
99. Some people think cricket is a matter of life and death, I can assure them it is much more serious than that.
100. That ball went so high in the match, it could have got an air hostess down with it.
20 Motivational Cricket Quotes
101. If there is no cricket in heaven then I don’t want to be there.
102. If I am going to buy a life jacket which does not come with a warranty, that’s a bit of a hassle for me. Especially with the huge amount of money you have to spend for the DRS. I would prefer some kind of warranty for it. The moment it comes, I will be happy.
103. No matter what profession you are into, always give your 100% commitment to your work. Because it’s not always about winning the game! It’s about work satisfaction in the end.
104. The Bat is not a Toy, it’s a Weapon.
105. I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground it’s a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there.
106. I feel when somebody has been playing cricket for a long time, he creates a separate identity for himself.
107. I always had a dream to play for India but I never let it put pressure on me.
108. “My first bat was shaped of a coconut branch. And from that day, all I wanted to do was be a cricketer.” — Brian Lara
109. Actually, nobody can be perfect in cricket. Everybody makes mistakes. It is important to learn from your mistakes and correct them.
110. I have failed more times than I have succeeded, but I never gave up, and will never give up, till my last breath, and that’s what cricket has taught me.
111. My job is to perform, enjoy cricket and thank God for whatever he has given me.
112. If you’re good enough, you don’t need to say anything to win.
113. The true test of any cricketer’s character is how he reacts when the going gets tough, when it’s time to dig in.
114. I like finishing the games by dominating the opposition.
115. When one is young, aspiring to play for the country, doing well, any hindrance, like injury or being out of form, can be frustrating and a cause of annoyance or even anger. But once you have a close encounter with death, you realize the real value of life.
116. There are so many fans and so many people who care deeply about this game, and it is because of these fans that we are who we are as cricketers.
117. Despite recent sad developments, cricket will survive and remain our most noble game and I shall always remain proud of the part I played in its history and development. — Don Bradman
118. The 10,000 has been a milestone that has driven me over the last few years.
119. Cricket isn’t a matter of life and death. It is more than important.
120. I’m the six Machine, and my vision is Twenty20. — Cris Gayle
All these cricket quotes are for Cricket Lovers who love and follow cricket passionately. You can read some great and best positive inspirational quotes by known personalities including Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, and Brue Lee.