© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
Hard time does not last long and hopefully, these depressing quotes about life will make it shorter. You need to stay strong and you gotta walk tall. Allow these powerful overcoming depression quotes to cheer you up from within. Sadness and dullness in life are the natural part that happens with everyone at some point in time.
There may be lots of things that make us depressed and sad like a break-up, career issues, financial crunch, losing someone, etc. But all you have to do is read these motivational quotes for depression and look at the other side of the tunnel.
But as per experts, there are some bright side as well for feeling sad.
Like experts have found that sadness can motivate us to put efforts into being better. Moreover, it also help to think and focus better and help you realise the purpose of your life.
But apart from these benefits of being sad, lonely and depressed, there are other consequences as well including deadly ones.
These cons can be avoided by taking proactive measures for instance:
- Taking to someone you love
- Sharing your feelings with your parents
- Working on your physique
- Try to take actions which make you happy
To ease your pain through the toughest of time, here is our collection of comforting, wise, cheering, uplifting depressing quotes about life and sad quotes about life, feeling depressed quotes, motivational quotes for depression, sad sayings, and sad proverbs.
All these depressing quotes about life are collected from a variety of resources over the years.
Depressing Quotes About Life
1. “There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.”
2. “Life is a battle, so do not give up fighting.”― Savannah Harris
3. “It’s frustrating to watch everyone else’s dreams come true while knowing your own are slipping farther and farther away from becoming reality.”
4. “There is a difference between depression and sadness. I am happy to be sad.”― Amanda Mosher
5. “I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there’s no relief in waking.”
6. “Only you can make yourself strong. Nobody else can do it for you.”
― Kim Pape
7. “Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles nobody knows about.”
8. “Most of your unhappiness in life comes from the fact that you are listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself.”― John Piper
9. “Breakups just hit you harder when you’re younger. When I was a teenager, it felt like the most depressing thing in the world if a boy I was infatuated with didn’t like me back.” – Ellie Goulding
10. “Take control of your emotions before your emotions take control of you.”― Scott Dye
11. If we, in the future, have confidence in ourselves, then there’s no limit to what we can achieve, and I think the depressing litany that we hear from the Remain side is not the type of approach we should take into the future. – Michael Gove
12. “There is no person in this whole world who is a mistake, no matter how different that person may seem.”– Fred Rogers
13. “When you meet someone, of course, you want it to last forever. It’d be very depressing if you didn’t feel that way. But things change, and you may be grow apart. You have to accept that.” – Alexander Skarsgard
14. “I tend to get pretty depressed and I have some issues with anxiety and things like that … For me, it’s more psychological. Exercise is a means of expelling those demons.” — Ryan Reynolds
You can read this article to get started with exercise and workout motivation 75 Gym Workout Quotes For Best Motivation to keep yourself physically and mentally fit.
Depressing Quotes About Life to Cheer You Up
15. “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.” — Keanu Reeves (My All-Time Favorite)
16. “All too much of the man-made is ugly, inefficient, depressing chaos.” – Dieter Rams.
17. “It’s not too late to recover. You’re young, you’re tough. You’re adaptable. You can patch up your wounds, lift up your head and move on.” – Haruki Murakami
18. “The Universe has your back even when things aren’t working out the way you expected.” – Gabby Bernstein
19. “Only stepping out of old ruts will bring new insights.” – Andy Grove
20. “You got this. One day at a time. You are resilient, courageous, and capable. Be proud of yourself. It isn’t easy enduring depression/anxiety.” – The Anxiety Man
21. “Depression taught me the importance of compassion and hard work and that you can overcome enormous obstacles.” – Rob Delaney
22. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Unknown
23. “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you’re going to do now — and do it.”— William Durant
24. “One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison.” – Steve Maraboli
25. “But if you’re broken, you don’t have to stay broken.” – Selena Gomez
Similarly if you are in hell, keep moving, why would you stop in hell anyway.
26. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I’m possible!” – Audrey Hepburn
27. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
28. “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” — Eckhart Tolle
29. “I don’t pay attention to the world ending. It has ended for me many times and began again in the morning.” – Nayyirah Waheed
Best Depressing Quotes About Life For Motivation
30. “Everything you have ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
31. “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to make it better.” – Unknown
32. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” ― Dan Millman
33. “The way you speak of yourself, the way you degrade yourself, into smallness is abuse.” – Rupi Kaur
34. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D Larson
35. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Dennis P. Kimbro
36. “It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.”— Isaac Asimov
37. “I’m hurt, and I’m heartbroken, and I’m sad, and I’m depressed, and I’ve been crying, but I don’t wanna let it ruin my life.” – Unknown
38. Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” — Buddha
If you are interested in reading more on Buddha quotes, you can visit this post to heal your mind and body 40 Most Powerful Buddha Meditation Quotes.
39. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
40. “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.” — Matt Lucas
If you want to keep yourself busy, but you can’t then this post will help you – Top 70 Bruce Lee Quotes For Legendary Great Life.
Best Depressing Quotes About Life To Bounce Back Stronger
41. “If you are in a bad mood go for a walk. If you are still in a bad mood go for another walk.” ― Hippocrates
42. “Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.” — Leonard Cohen
43. “The only cure I have ever known for fear and doubt and loneliness is an immense love of self.” – ALISON MALEE
If you are feeling lonely, then this post might help you out – 99 Feeling Lonely Quotes To Cure Loneliness.
44. “When your past shows up to haunt you, make sure it comes after supper so it doesn’t ruin your whole day.”― Jay Wickre
45. “Anticipate good things will happen, keep your mind positive, never lose hope, and it will amaze you.” – C Pulsifer
46. “You cannot change anyone but yourself. Always hope for the best, but keep living your life no matter what.” – Kate Anderson
47. “Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
48. “But no matter how much evil I see, I think it’s important for everyone to understand that there is much more light than darkness.”― Robert Uttaro
49. “Promise me you’ll always remember — you’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin
Best Inspirational Depressing Quotes About Life of All Time
50. “You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have the right to be here.” — Max Ehrmann
51. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Albus Dumbledore
52. “The strongest people are those who win battles we know nothing about.” – Unknown
53. “Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.” ― Stephen Fry
54. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray, Om Chanting and Meditation
55. “You don’t have to live a lie. Living a lie will mess you up. It will send you into depression. It will warp your values.” – Gilbert Baker
56 “Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.” ― Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle
So that was our personal favorite round-up of depressing quotes about life and overcoming depression quotes. Depression can be treated very easily if you really want to reach to a happier place from within. Even if you do not, start with keeping your body fit and try to talk more with your parents and anyone you really love.
Thank you for checking out this amazing collection of depressing quotes about life and feeling depressed quotes about hard work and success in life.
Please don’t forget to share them with all your loved ones and friends and comment down below which ones are your favorite.
More quotes you will love
If you haven’t done so already, check out the list of the: