© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
As much as you adore your dad, it might be challenging to find the right words to communicate your feelings. It is challenging, to sum up the unique tie between fathers and sons or the unique relationship between fathers and daughters.
95 Father’s Day Quotes that your father will love
These touching Father’s Day quotes will come in handy if you’re having trouble coming up with the proper phrases. It will be quite simple to wish your dad, stepdad, or grandfather a joyful, heartfelt Father’s Day by using any of the sayings, lyrics, or quotes on our list.
- 100 Best Father Daughter Quotes that will Melt Your Heart
- 110+ Mother-Daughter Quotes that Make You Feel Overwhelmed
20 Happy Father’s Day Quotes
1. “Some people don’t believe in heroes but they haven’t met my dad!”
2. “Just taught my kids about taxes by eating 38% of their ice cream.” — Conan O’Brien
3. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” — Umberto Eco
4. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” — Jim Valvano
5. “Everyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a dad.” — Wade Boggs
6. “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” — William Shakespeare
7. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” — Sigmund Freud
8. “I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.” — Harry S. Truman
9. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” — Antoine François Prévost
10. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” — Linda Poindexter
11. “To be the father of a nation is a great honor, but to be the father of a family is a greater joy.” — Nelson Mandela
12. “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do – be there.” — Max Lucado
13. My fingers may be small but I’ve got my daddy wrapped around them.
14. Someday I will find my Prince but my Daddy will always be my King.
15. “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.”
16. “A father’s job isn’t to teach his daughter how to be a lady, it’s to teach her how a lady should be treated.”
17. Every girl dreams about living the life of a princess. I have never dreamed of that because I have always been treated like a princess by you.
18. “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys.” — Harmon Killebrew
19. “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” — George Herbert
20. “A father is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again.”
10 Happy Father’s Day Quotes from Wife to her child’s Father
21. “Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice.” — Charles F. Kettering
22. “The only thing better than having you as my husband is our children having you as their father.”
23. “A man’s worth is measured by how he parents his children. What he gives them, what he keeps away from them, the lessons he teaches and the lessons he allows them to learn on their own.” — Lisa Rogers
24. “Father! – to God himself we cannot give a holier name.” — William Wordsworth
25. “The reward of child-rearing is spending the rest of your life proudly knowing this person you helped guide.” — Mike Sager
26. “The greatest thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” — Theodore Hesburgh
27. “A father’s words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house.” — Paul Lewis
28. “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself but for his family.” — Reed B. Markham
29. “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!” — Lydia M. Child
30. “No man stands taller than when he stoops to help a child.”
20 Father’s Day Quotes
31. You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.” — Jerry Seinfeld
32. “The best fathers have the softest, sweetest hearts. In other words, great dads are real marshmallows.” — Richelle E. Goodrich, “Slaying Dragons”
33. “A father is a banker provided by nature.” — French proverb
34. “There are three stages of a man’s life: he believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.”
35. “He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” — Clarence B Kelland
36. “FATHER: a son’s first hero… and a daughter’s first love.”
37. “When you need real understanding, When you need someone to care When you need someone to guide you… A father’s always there.” — Thomas J. Langley
39. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, singers of songs.” — Pam Brown
40. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” — Billy Graham
41. “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.”
42. “My father is my rock. It’s where I learned everything about loyalty, dependability, being there day in, day out, no matter what.” — Hugh Jackman
43. “Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.” — Joseph Addison
44. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” — John Sinor
45. “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” — Gabriel Garcia Marquez
46. “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” — Tim Russert
47. “Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown.”
48. “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place.” — Hillary Lytle
49. “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.” — Harper Lee, “Go Set a Watchman”
50. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” — Marinela Reka
10 Happy Father’s Day Card Messages
51. “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.” — Gregory E. Lang
52. “If at first, you don’t succeed, call Dad.”
53. “Who needs a superhero when I have you as my Dad?”
54. “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.”
55. “My father taught me to work hard, laugh often, and keep my word.” — Michelle Obama
56. “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” — Barack Obama
57. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” — Clarence B. Kelland
58. “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” — Frank A. Clark
59. “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.”
60. “Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.” — Dan Zevin
20 Father’s Day Wishes
61. Daddy, you are as smart as Ironman, as strong as the Hulk, as fast as Superman, as brave as Batman. You are my favorite superhero.
62. You may not know everything but you sure had me fooled for quite a few years! Happy Father’s Day to the smartest Dad in town.
63. Dad, you’ve always been the coolest. Like all those times you said “yes” when mom said “no.” Happy Father’s Day, Cool Dad!
64. Sending you all my love this Father’s Day. We might be apart today, but you’re always in my heart. Take care and stay safe in these uncertain times. I miss you!
65. Father and child are never truly apart, maybe in distance but never in heart. I miss you every day Dad, but know you are with me in spirit. I love you and hope you have a great day!
66. Today I ask God to bless you with every kind of joy. Happy Father’s Day!
67. When I count my blessings, I count you twice! Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful dad, I love you.
68. Dad, your light guides this family and holds us together. As you get older I want you to know that I am there for you too, through thick and thin. On this special day, relax and forget your worries. Happy Father’s Day!
69. To the world’s best Dad, Happy Father’s Day!
70. Thanks Dad for everything you do for us. Happy Father’s Day.
71. Out of all the dads in the world I think we got the best one! Happy Father’s Day.
72. I’m so grateful for all your guidance and wisdom, you really are the best! Happy Father’s Day!
73. Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for our family and all the joy and love you bring into our lives. We couldn’t have asked for a better Dad! Happy Father’s Day.
74. To my dearest Dad: You are my compass. Thanks for always showing me the right path and for guiding me in the right direction. Happy Father’s Day, I love you.
75. When people say, ‘The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree,’ I tell them that’s the best compliment I could ever get. Someday, I hope to grow as strong and wise as you. Have a great Father’s Day!
76. I’m so lucky to have you as my father… I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Father’s Day!
77. To the world’s greatest Dad from the world’s greatest kids, hope you have an amazing Father’s Day!
78. Sending you all my love across the miles. Have a great Father’s Day!
79. God knew just what He was doing when He made you my Dad! Thank you for guiding me through life. Happy Father’s Day.
80. On this Father’s Day, I pray that your day is filled with joy and peace, and I give thanks to God for all that you bring to my life.
15+ Father’s Day Messages
81. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” — Mark Twain
82. “Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows.” — Al Unser
83. “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” — Émile Gaboriau
84. “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end.” — George Strait, “Love without End, Amen”
85. “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while but he holds her heart forever.”
86. “A daughter may outgrow your lap but she’ll never outgrow your heart.”
87. “There’s nothing like being a father to a little girl. A daughter can turn the hardest man into the world’s biggest softy. A dude could be a straight-up gangster, but around his little girl he becomes a teddy bear.”
88. “The imprint of a father remains forever on the life of the child.” — Roy Lessin
89. “To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” — Euripides
90. “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.” — Dawn French
91. “Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the God and the weight of her world.” ~ John Mayer
92. “A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world.” — Mat Johnson
93. “To her, the name of father was another name for love.” — Fanny Fern
94. “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see the future.” — Liza Minnelli
95. “A girl’s father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential.” — David Jeremiah
96. “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” — The Talmud
97. “Every son’s first superhero is his father, and it was the same for me. For me, he was Superman and Batman combined.” — Tiger Shroff
98. “Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys.”
To Sum Up
These Father’s Day sayings are ideal for including in a card to your father to express your gratitude for everything he has done for you.
The happy Father’s Day quotes above really express how much you cherish your grandfather, and they might even cause him to cry a little. Happy Father’s Day quotes honor fathers and fatherhood with their sweetness and inspiration.