© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
Every year on September 26th, World Environmental Health Day is observed. The purpose of the day is to raise public awareness of the state of the environment and encourage people to make the necessary efforts to prevent it from deteriorating further. The day promotes not only the preservation of ecological health but also the recognition of the impact and relationship that environmental health has on human health.
Theme: World Environmental Health Day
The theme has been designed to align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The Theme of World Environmental Health Day 2023 is “Global Environmental Public Health: Standing Up Every Day to Protect Everyone’s Health.”
What is Environmental Health?
According to the American Public Health Association, “Environmental health is the branch of public health that: focuses on the relationships between people and their environment; promotes human health and well-being; and fosters healthy and safe communities.”
It refers to a region’s chemical, physical, and cultural environment. Various factors influence an area’s environmental health, including;
- Loss of diversity in the environment, and
- Poor quality of air, and
- Chemical disparities
Factors like these give us indications of our environmental health, people should understand that their actions and attitudes are dependent on the health of the environment.
10 World Environmental Health Day Quotes
1. “There is a famous saying that Health is wealth. So, protect the environment and maintain good health.”
2. “The only way forward, if we are going to improve the quality of the environment, is to get everybody involved. Happy World Environmental Health Day!”
3. “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.”
4. “Environmental pollution is not only humanity’s treason to humanity but also a treason to all other living creatures on earth!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
5. “We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment.” –Margaret Mead
6. “When the last tree is cut and the last fish killed, the last river poisoned, then you will see that you can’t eat money.”-John May
7. “On this occasion of World Environmental Health Day, let us pledge to make the earth a greener and healthier place to live.”
8. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
9. “Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect.”-Mohith Agadi
10. “Add greenery to the environment to make it fresh and alive.”
15 Quotes for Environmental Protection
11. “Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action.”–Leonardo DiCaprio
12. “Take a course in good water and air, and in the eternal youth of Nature, you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you.”-John Muir
13. “Being on earth is a responsibility that must be lived before being ignored. Live your role in the best way.”
14. “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share. World Environmental Health Day!”
15. “When the last tree is cut and the last fish killed, the last river poisoned, then you will see that you can’t eat money.” – John May
16. “Be a tree hugger & spread your love for nature.”
17. “We shall never understand the natural environment until we see it as a living organism. Today you can murder land for private profit. You can leave the corpse for all to see and nobody calls the cops.”-Paul Brooks
18. “If humanity has to live for a long time, you have to think like the Earth, act like the Earth and be the Earth because that is what you are.”-Sadhguru
19. “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share. World Environmental Health Day!”
20. “What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?” –Henry David Thoreau
21. “Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect”.
22. “A nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.” –Franklin D. Roosevelt
23. “The only way forward, if we are going to improve the quality of the environment, is to get everybody involved. Happy World Environmental Health Day!”
24. “Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we’ll soon be in trouble.” –Roger Tory Peterson
25. “Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account”.
Every moment of every day, our environment contributes to our good health. As a result, we must keep our environment clean and healthy.
It is more important than ever to raise awareness about the problems caused by pollution, climate change, and global warming since the Earth is our home, and if we do nothing to keep it from deteriorating, we imperil not only the environment but also ourselves.