© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
If you’re on this page, you’re surely looking for the best and most unforgettable Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti Quotes.
The man needs no introduction, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi also known as Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869. He was one of the greatest Indian patriots that India has ever witnessed. Therefore, he was awarded the honorary title of the ‘Father of the Nation‘. His efforts for Indian Independence from British colonial rule were instrumental.
Apart from that Mahatma Gandhi made significant contributions to rid social evils like untouchability, and oppressed class, and extraordinary work for environmental sustainability. One of the most important contributions was the philosophy of ‘Ahimsa‘ aka nonviolence.
He not only for India, but he also influenced many foreign leaders around the world such leaders are Martin Luther King Jr., James Beve, James Lawson, and Nelson Mandela for his freedom struggle. Not just that, the United Nations (UN) declared his birthday, i.e Gandhi Jayanti as the “the International Day of Nonviolence” all around the globe.
To remember Mahatma Gandhi on his birthday anniversary, here’s the curative list of inspiring Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti Quotes in English.
Best Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti Quotes
1. “Anger and intolerance are the enemies of the correct understanding.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “The future depends upon what we do in the present.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Your beliefs become your thoughts; your thoughts become your words; your words become your actions; your actions become your habits; your habits become your values; your values become your destiny.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7. “Democracy necessarily means a conflict of will and ideas, involving sometimes a war of the knife between different ideas.” – Mahatma Gandhi
8. “Where there is love, there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
9. “Death is at any time blessed, but it is twice blessed for a warrior who dies for his cause, that is truth. Death is no fiend, he is the truest of friends. He delivers us from agony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “Hate the sin, love the sinner” – Mahatma Gandhi
Inspiring Happy Gandhi Jayanti Quotes
11. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “Change yourself, you are in control.” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “My patriotism is not an exclusive thing. It is all-embracing and I should reject that patriotism which sought to mount upon the distress or exploitation of other nationalities.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Heroes are made in the hour of defeat. Success is, therefore, well described as a series of glorious defeats.” – Mahatma Gandhi
18. “Truth is like a vast tree which yields more and more fruit the more you nurture it. Truth alone will endure, all the rest will sweep away before the tide of time.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Memorable Gandhi Jayanti Quotes in English
19. “Prayer is not asking it. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
20. “God has no religion” – Mahatma Gandhi
21. “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.” – Mahatma Gandhi
22. “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.” – Mahatma Gandhi
23. “It is health that is real health and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
24. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
25. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
25 Quotes for Gandhi Jayanti
26. “It’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone.” – Mahatma Gandhi
27. “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” Mahatma Gandhi
28. “In doing something, do it with love or never do it at all.” – Mahatma Gandhi
29. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” -Mahatma Gandhi
30. “To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” -Mahatma Gandhi
31. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.” -Mahatma Gandhi
32. “It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity.” -Mahatma Gandhi
33. “There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.” -Mahatma Gandhi
34.“Do not judge others. Be your own judge and you will be truly happy. If you try to judge others, you are likely to burn your fingers.” -Mahatma Gandhi
35. “Even if the paradise of material satisfaction, which they envisage as their final goal, were realized on earth, it would not bring mankind either contentment or peace.” -Mahatma Gandhi
36. “Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.” -Mahatma Gandhi
37. “There are two days in the year that we can not do anything, yesterday and tomorrow.” -Mahatma Gandhi
38. “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” -Mahatma Gandhi
39. “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.” -Mahatma Gandhi
40. “The law of love could be best understood and learned through little children.” -Mahatma Gandhi
41. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” -Mahatma Gandhi
42. “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” -Mahatma Gandhi
43. “A small group of determined and like-minded people can change the course of history.” -Mahatma Gandhi
44. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” -Mahatma Gandhi
45. “The real love is to love those that hate you, to love your neighbor even though you distrust him.” -Mahatma Gandhi
46. “Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.” -Mahatma Gandhi
47. “Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than bookish knowledge.” -Mahatma Gandhi
48. “No man loses his freedom except through his own weakness.” -Mahatma Gandhi
49. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” -Mahatma Gandhi
50. “It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.” -Mahatma Gandhi
10+ Inspiring Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti Quotes
51. “If we want to reach real peace in this world, we should start educating children.” -Mahatma Gandhi
52. “Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.” -Mahatma Gandhi
53. “The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.” -Mahatma Gandhi
54. “Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.” -Mahatma Gandhi
55. “Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.” -Mahatma Gandhi
56. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” -Mahatma Gandhi
57. “Life is but an endless series of experiments.” -Mahatma Gandhi
58. “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.” -Mahatma Gandhi
59. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” -Mahatma Gandhi
60. “A person who is worried about the outcome of his work does not see his goal; he sees only his opposition and the obstacles before him.” -Mahatma Gandhi
61. “Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.” -Mahatma Gandhi
62. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” -Mahatma Gandhi
63. “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.” -Mahatma Gandhi
Facts about Mahatma Gandhi
Here are interesting facts about Mahatma Gandhi that you probably didn’t know.
1. He pursued law for one year at the University of Bombay and later went to University College London and completed his education.
2. Gandhi spoke English like an Irishman. One of his first English teachers was from Ireland.
3. Gandhi’s funeral procession was almost 5 miles long.
4. Reserve Bank of India issued The Gandhi series banknotes by displaying a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi since its introduction in 1966. The series issued in 1966 is of 10 and 500 rupee banknotes.
5. Gandhi didn’t like photographs taken, yet he became the most photographed person of his era.
I hope you would love these Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti Quotes in English and the interesting facts about Mahatma Gandhi.
Related: 50 Famous Quotes of Mahatma Gandhi