© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
A sense of pride, honor, and dignity in oneself is referred to as having self-respect. You offer yourself the ability to enhance many aspects of your life when you respect yourself.
Your relationships, job, and a general sense of well-being may all be impacted by this. Being confident in who you are requires having a strong sense of self-respect.
60 Amazing Self Respect Quotes
To live a better and more successful life, it is all the more crucial to adopt this healthy, positive mindset toward yourself.
There are 60 of the best and most motivational quotes on self respect in the article that follows. They ought to help you feel better about yourself.
15 Self Respect Quotes to Stay Positive
1. “Self-respect is crucial for happiness.” —Irina Yugay
2. “Our relationship with ourselves forms the blueprint for all the relationships in our life.” —Susyn Reeve
3. “Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue.” —John Herschel
4. “Self-respect is an internal satisfaction and gratification, rather than the exhaustive search of seeking it from external sources.” —David Barbour
5. “You are the product of the choices you make.“ —Alex Tran
6. “Man doesn’t live by bread alone. Many prefer self-respect to food.” — Mahatma Gandhi
7. “Learn to live in this world with self-respect.” — B.R. Ambedkar
8. “Respect yourself above all.” — Pythagoras
9. “Don’t compare yourself to others. If you do, you are insulting yourself.”
10. “Happiness is not something that is ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” —Dalai Lama
11. “Only make decisions that support your self-image, self-esteem, and self-worth.” —Oprah Winfrey
12. “Never trade respect for attention.” —Mel Robbins
13. “I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self-respect.”
14. “Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love.” — Miguel Angel Ruiz
15. “Stop quitting when it gets hard.” — Tom Bilyeu
15 Quotes on Self Respect
16. “I had no respect for myself. I did not love myself because no one had ever loved me.” —Alex Tran
17. “People with self-respect maintain their individuality when they get into relationships.” —Anastasia Belyh
18. “Never ever compromise on self-respect, and do not lose yourself in the process of chasing others.”
19. “You are a combination of the people you spend the most time with. Respect yourself enough to make sure those people are positive influences.” —Irina Yugay
20. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” —Maya Angelou
21. “A person who struggles with self-respect is likely to have trouble in their relationships, not asserting themselves, being pushed around or taken advantage of, and is quite unhappy.” —Jesse D. Matthews
22. “Without self-respect, we cannot lay healthy boundaries, creating a space in which we thrive within a relationship. We also cannot truly receive the love our partners offer to us fully, as we will always question if we are truly worthy of that love, at all.” —Jessica Elizabeth Opert
23. “When you know who you are and how much you’re worth, you will not let anyone, and not even your partner, treat you as a doormat.” —Irina Yugay
24. “Self-respect is the foundation of all strong and healthy relationships.” —Irina Yugay
25. “If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” —Maya Angelou
26. “He that respects himself is safe from others. He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.” —Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
27. “Carry yourself like a Queen, and you’ll get your King.”
28. “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” —Amit Kalantri
29. “In order for love to exist, respect must be present.” —Jessica Elizabeth Opert
30. “They cannot take away our respect if we do not give it to them.”
20 Quotes about Self Respect
31. “The same goes for respect. I can only give it to someone else if I have it inside me—for myself—in the first place.” —Hanalei Vierra
32. “Without self-respect, even the most well-meaning partner, who initially sees their loved one as deserving the best, will start to lose this vision and will begin to see and treat his/her partner only as well as the person values him/herself.” —Diana Lucas Flemma
33. “A person with self-respect treats others how they want to be treated.” —Jesse D. Matthews
34. “Once you feel someone avoids you, never disturb them again.”
35. “A self-respecting woman is like the Sword in the stone; only a very special man can pull her.”
36. “Don’t love if it costs your self-respect.”
37. “Respect yourself, and others will respect you.” — Confucius
38. “What’s your superpower? I can un-love people if they mess with my self-respect.”
39. “Every relationship you have is a reflection of your relationship with yourself.” —Deepak Chopra
40. “If you want to earn respect, just be honest.” —Preethi Kasireddy
41. “Self-respect by definition is a confidence and pride in feeling that you are behaving in an honorable and dignified manner – respect yourself by respecting others.” —Miya Yamanouchi
42. “If it’s meant for you, you won’t have to beg. You will never have to sacrifice your dignity for your destiny.” —Edgar Allan Poe
43. “No person and no relationship is worth compromising your dignity and self-respect.” —Deodatta V. Shenia-Khatkhate
44. “Don’t lose your dignity and self-respect trying to make people accept, love, and appreciate you when they just aren’t capable.”
45. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
46 “Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them.” —Aristotle
47. “If you have earned your self-respect, respect by others is a luxury; if you haven’t, respect by others is a necessity.” —Nassim Nicholas Taleb
48. “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others on how you demand to be treated. Don’t settle for anything other than respect.” —Unknown
49. “A courageous man prefers death to the surrender of self-respect.” —Mahatma Gandhi
50. “The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within—strength, dignity, and courage.” —Ruby Dee
10 Self-Respect Quotes
51. “Self-respect refers to loving oneself and behaving with honor and dignity.” —Respect Essay for Students and Children, Toppr
52. “Self-respect is about caring but not carrying others’ suggestions, being curious to learn from them, but staying aligned with your personal values.” —Nefeli Soteriou
53. “Respect is not imposed nor begged. It’s earned and offered.” —Marlon Brando
54. “Give yourself enough respect to walk away from someone who doesn’t see your worth.”
55. “Mother, father, preacher, teacher, I’m not here to tell you how to live your life, I am simply inviting you to be brave enough to author your own life, to come up with your own definitions, and to think for yourself.” —Alexis Jones
56. “When you respect yourself, you know when to say ‘no.’” —Dr. De’Andrea Matthews
57. “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” —Robert Tew
58. “Cutting negative people from my life does not mean I hate them; it simply means I respect me.” —Marilyn Monroe
59. “We end up attracting and receiving only as much respect and love as we give ourselves.” —Diana Lucas Flemma
60. “Sometimes God doesn’t give you what you want, not because you don’t deserve it, but because you deserve better.” —Solitary Reaper
How to develop self-respect?
Understanding that we are deserving of love is crucial for growing a strong feeling of self-worth and self-respect. We must be capable of loving ourselves and believing that we deserve the finest.
Personal accountability is another essential quality. It’s crucial to keep in mind that the best method to gain respect for oneself is to treat oneself with respect.
The quotes about self respect above are here to serve as a reminder to you of your value. You should find ways to demonstrate self-respect in your daily life, such as creating time for mental well-being, engaging in healthy behaviors, and maintaining healthy relationships with others.