© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
Tigers are among the most beautiful animals on the planet, despite their reputation for being aggressive and vicious attacks on humans.
International Tiger Day is observed on July 29 by conservationists and animal activists around the world. They stand for beauty, grace, strength, and bravery.
60 Powerful Tiger Quotes
Even we as humans enjoy referring to ourselves as tigers at times. Particularly people who wish to be perceived as tough!
The tiger quotes listed below are related to that, from which you can you understand to live a tough life like those of Tigers, some of the most intriguing quotes about tigers that you’ve never heard.
20 Strong Quotes about Tiger
1. “If you rile a tiger, he’s going to show his claws.” — Rob James-Collier.
2. “The tiger will see you a hundred times before you see him once.” — John Vaillant.
3. “A brave man is a man who dares to look the Devil in the face and tell him he is a Devil.”
4. “No man can tame a tiger into a kitten by stroking it.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt.
5. “The tiger is humbled by memories of prey.” —Steven Erikson.
6. “The most magnificent creature in the entire world, the tiger is.” — Jack Hanna.
7. “I may look peaceful but don’t provoke the beast.”
8. “If tigers could write books, they would say, man was created for them and that man is a most sinful animal because he does not allow im to catch him easily.” — Swami Vivekananda.
9. “I’ve often felt that the Indian tiger has not been unleashed.” — Ratan Tata.
10. “One may ride upon a tiger’s back but it is fatal to dismount.” — Ernest Bramah
11. “A tiger never returns to his prey he did not finish off.” — Chinese Proverb.
12. “In waking a tiger, use a long stick.” — Mao Zedong.
13. “If you do not enter the tiger’s den, how can you get his cub?” — Chinese proverb.
14. “A tiger does not shout its nigritude, it acts.” — Wole Soyinka.
15. “If you want to kick the tiger in his back you’d better have a plan for dealing with his teeth.” — Tom Clancy.
16. “God made the cat to give man the pleasure of stroking a tiger.” — John Gardner.
17. “The impact of an attacking tiger can be compared to that of a piano falling on you from a second-story window.” — John Vaillant.
18. “Young normal tigers do not eat people. If eaten by a tiger you may rest assured he was abnormal.” — Will Cuppy.
19. “We would be better off thinking of nature as a tiger than as a docile and compliant automaton that can never threaten our survival.” — Bruno Latour.
20. “Those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside.” —John F. Kennedy.
20 Tiger Quotes to Give You Strength
21. “Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.” — Bill Watterson.
22. “Our noblest hopes grow teeth and pursue us like tigers.” — John Gardner.
23. “There is nothing like the thrill of walking through the jungle looking for a tiger and knowing they could be watching you already.” — Ashlan Gorse Cousteau.
24. “The long run is what puts the tiger in the cat.” — Bill Squires.
25. “Everyone needs a dog to adore him, and a tiger to bring him back to reality.”
26. “Time is the tiger that devours me, but I am that tiger.” — Jorge Luis Borges.
27. “The tiger’s world is not only amoral but peculiarly consequence-free, and this atavistic certainty that there is nothing more lethal than itself is the apex predator’s greatest weakness.” — John Vaillant.
28. “An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger.” — Confucius.
29. “When the time comes, let loose a tiger and a devil; but wait for the time with the tiger and the devil chained -not shown- yet always ready.” — Charles Dickens.
30. “It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers, any more than it is to make sheep ferocious.” — Henry David Thoreau.
31. “An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be devoured.” — Konrad Adenauer.
32. “There has to be absolute trust between the tiger and its master, but its master must be the master – there must be no mistake about that.” — Ridley Scott.
33. “Tigers and women have something in common, it is their disposition; they must be treated majestically.” — Henrietta Newton Martin.
34. “When two tigers fight, one is certain to be maimed, and one to die.” — Gichin Funakoshi.
35. “A wounded tiger is a dangerous beast.” — Arthur Golden.
36. “Tiger watches and hunts; whereas, hyenas wait and wait, for their time, to reach rubbish left by the tiger; similarly, the fools wait, not the wise ones.” — Ehsan Segal.
37. “Better to live one year as a tiger, then a hundred as sheep.” — Madonna.
38. “The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.” — William Blake.
39. “No one can walk beneath palm trees with impunity, and ideas are sure to change in a land where tigers are at home.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
40. “Do not blame God for having created the tiger, but thank him for not having given it wings.” — Ethiopian Proverb
20 More Interesting Tiger Quotes
41. “He who rides the tiger finds it difficult to dismount.” — Chinese proverb.
42. “Some days you tame the tiger, and some days the tiger has you for lunch.” — Tug McGraw
43. “If you’re losing a tug of war with a tiger, give it the rope. You can always buy a new one.” — Max Gunther.
44. “The tiger will never lie down with the lamb; he acknowledges no pact that is not reciprocal. The lamb must learn to run with the tigers.” — Angela Carter.
45. “If we choose to walk into a forest where a tiger lives, we are taking a chance.” —Peter Benchley.
46. “There is no off switch on a tiger.” —German Proverb.
47. “Few things are less comforting than a tiger who’s up too late.” —Bill Watterson.
48. “Unless you enter the tiger’s lair, you cannot get hold of the tiger’s cubs.” — Sun Tzu.
49. “Don’t be a tiger’s head with a snake’s tail.” — Chinese Proverb.
50. “Certain people have the eye of the tiger, and I never was myself that kind of person, although I’m not a slacker.” — Britta Phillips.
51. “It is far better to live like a tiger for a day than to live like a jackal for a hundred years.” — Benito Mussolini.
52. “Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a vegetarian.” — Heywood Broun.
53. “A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of a sheep.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
54. “Tigers go by several different names here, and one of them is Toyota-because, during the 1990s, that is what you could buy with one.” — John Vaillant.
55. “To beat a tiger one must have a brother’s help.” — Chinese proverb.
56. “When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it a sport. When a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” — George Bernard Shaw.
57. “A writer’s promise is like a tiger’s smile.” — Lytton Strachey.
58. “To say a tiger is an “outside” animal is an understatement that is best appreciated when a tiger is inside.” ― John Vaillant
59. “Life is a tiger you have to grab by the tail, and if you don’t know the nature of the beast it will eat you up.” — Stephen King
60. “Learn to sit back and observe, not everything needs a reaction.”
One of the most exquisite animals on the planet is the tiger. Additionally, they are essential to preserving an ecosystem’s biodiversity. But they are constantly in danger from hunters and poachers who kill them for their skin and trespassing. One should spread awareness about saving tigers.