© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
If you are on this page, you’re surely looking for Albert Einstein famous quotes. Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his explanation of the photoelectric effect.
He had an IQ of about 160, which clearly made him a genius and an extraordinary person.
105 Best Albert Einstein Quotes
Here we have covered the best brilliant Albert Einstein famous quotes to inspire and move you to take action and live a great life.
25 Best Quotes by Albert Einstein
1. Imagination is the highest form of research.
2. I salute the man who is going through life always helpful, knowing no fear, and to whom aggressiveness and resentment are alien.
3. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
4. We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
5. If you can’t explain it to a six-year-old, you don’t understand it yourself.
6. The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
7. A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.
8. Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
9. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
10. “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.”
11. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
12. Learn from yesterday, live for today, and hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
13. If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.
14. “When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That’s relativity.”
15. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
16. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
17. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
18. Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
19. The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulate the creative mind.
20. A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future.
21. If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
22. Nothing truly valuable arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty; it stems rather from love and devotion toward men and toward objective things.
23. Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore it.
24. Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
25. I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
25 Quotes about Albert einstein
26. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
27. The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
28. Don’t listen to the person who has the answers; listen to the person who has the questions.
29. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism – how passionately I hate them!
30. The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
31. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
32. When I am judging a theory, I ask myself whether, if I were God, I would have arranged the world in such a way.
33. I believe in intuition and inspiration. At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason.
34. To raise new questions, and new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advances in science.
35. “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
36. I do not at all belief in human freedom in the philosophical sense. Everybody acts not only under external compulsion but also in accordance with inner necessity.
37. “It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.”
38. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
39. Love brings much happiness, much more than pining brings pain.
40. The only thing I did was this: in long intervals I have expressed an opinion on public issues whenever they appeared to me so bad and unfortunate that silence would have made me feel guilty of complicity.
41. How strange are a lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it.
42. Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
43. Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
44. On the mysterious: It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed-out candle.
45. I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever.
46. The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance.
47. Long live impudence! It’s my guardian angel in this world.
48. Most people say that it is the intellect that makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
49. The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been truth, goodness, and beauty.
50. If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
25 Short Albert Einstein Famous Quotes
51. God always takes the simplest way.
52. Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.
53. I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
54. The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
55. When the solution is simple, God is answering.
56. Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.
57. Never memorize something that you can look up.
58. The idle man does not know what it is to enjoy rest.
59. Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities.
60. The man of science is a poor philosopher.
61. Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
62. If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts.
63. I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.
64. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
65. A little knowledge is dangerous. So is a lot.
66. God is subtle but he is not malicious.
67. Information is not knowledge.
68. One flower is beautiful, a surfeit of flowers is vulgar.
69. You never fail until you stop trying.
70. The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.
71. Black holes are where God is divided by zero.
72. Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
73. The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat.
74. If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z, with X working, Y playing, and Z keeping your mouth shut.
75. We all know that light travels faster than sound. That’s why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Also view: Best Short Inspirational Quotes of All Times
30 Witty Albert Einstein’s Quotes
76. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
77. The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
78. Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one’s living at it.
79. Marriage makes people treat each other as articles of property and no longer as free human beings.
80. You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.
81. I’m doing just fine, considering that I have triumphantly survived Nazism and two wives.
82. I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don’t have to.
83. Women always worry about things that men forget; men always worry about things women remember.
84. Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
85. A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
86. Live with purpose. Don’t let people or things around you get you down.
87. On his cheerful father: He was content to observe without wishing for more.
88. Human beings can attain a worthy and harmonious life only if they are able to rid themselves, within the limits of human nature, of striving to fulfill wishes of the material kind.
89. I am happy at the thought that the worst worries are over for my parents.
90. People like you and I, though mortal of course, like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live. What I mean is that we never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born.
91. I believe that whatever we do or live for has its causality; it is good, however, that we cannot see through to it.
92. I am strongly drawn to a frugal life and am often oppressively aware that I am engrossing an undue amount of the labor of my fellow men.
93. The old who have died live on in the young ones. Don’t you feel this now in your bereavement, when you look at your children?
94. The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there’s no risk of accident for someone who’s dead.
95. I have remained a simple fellow who asks nothing of the world; only my youth is gone – the enchanting youth that forever walks on air.
96. A man’s value to the community depends primarily on how far his feelings, thoughts, and actions are directed toward promoting the good of his fellows.
97. Look around at how people want to get more out of life than they put in. A man of value will give more than he receives.
98. The only way to escape the corruptible effect of praise is to go on working.
99. Many times a day I realize how much my outer and inner life is based upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how much I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.
100. Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.
101. With fame, I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon.
102. Marriage is but slavery made to appear civilized.
103. Possessing you makes me proud & your love makes me happy. I will be doubly happy when I can press you to my heart again and see your loving eyes.
104. When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.
105. Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.
That was our round-up of Albert Einstein’s quotes which are truly inspirational and unforgettable.
If you think we missed some of the great Albert Einstein famous quotes then mention them in the comments below. Selected ones will be added to this list of Albert Einstein famous quotes.