© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
Top 70 Bruce Lee Quotes For Legendary Great Life in 2023
Bruce Lee is a person who needs no introduction. He’s a man of sheer will, persistence, and dedication. Though he had a short life, he inspired millions of people all around the globe.
Today, people know him as the master of Kung Fu and he’s the one who made it popular throughout the world.
70 Amazing Bruce Lee Quotes
In this post, we have compiled the top 70 bruce lee quotes for an inspiring, legendary, and great life with a lot of personal growth.
20 Best Quotes by Bruce Lee
1. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”
2. “To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.”
3. “One should be in harmony with, not in opposition to, the strength and force of the opposition. This means that one should do nothing that is not natural or spontaneous; the important thing is not to strain in any way.”
4. “At this moment stop inwardly – when you do stop inwardly, psychologically, your mind becomes very peaceful, very clear. Then you can really look at “this.”
5. “Learning is never cumulative, it is a movement of knowing which has no beginning and no end.”
6. “There is no weapon more deadly than the will.”
7. “Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.”
8. “I don’t know what is the meaning of death, but I am not afraid to die – and I go on, non-stop, going forward.”
9. “Be self-aware, rather than a repetitious robot.”
10. “It is not how much you have learned, but how much you have absorbed in what you have learned.”
11. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
12. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, and do not go out and look for a successful personality, and duplicate it.
13. Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than others. Be not for or against.
14. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes coals, deep-burning, and unquenchable.
15. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
16. “In order to taste my cup of water, you must first empty your cup. My friend, drop all of your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is empty.”
17. “The spirit of the individual is determined by his dominating thought habits.”
18. “The possession of anything begins in the mind.”
19. “Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.”
20. “Because one does not want to be disturbed, to be made uncertain, he establishes a pattern of conduct, of thought, a pattern of relationship to man, etc. Then he becomes a slave to the pattern and takes the pattern to be the real thing.”
20 Powerful Bruce Lee Quotes Of All Times
21. “The best techniques are the simple ones executed right.”
22. “It’s like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”
23. “The more we understand, the greater and deeper will be our contact with all that is around us.”
24. “But neither can you condemn nor justify and yet be extraordinarily alive as you walk on. You can never invite the wind but you must leave the window open.”
25. “It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you’re being knocked down, ‘Why am I being knocked down?’ If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person.”
26. “Life is never stagnation. It is constant movement, un-rhythmic movement, as we as constant change. Things live by moving and gain strength as they go.”
27. “What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become.”
28. “A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard.”
29. “Simplicity is the key to brilliance.”
30. “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
31. “The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.”
32. “Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today.”
33. “You will never get any more out of life than you expect.”
34. “The world is full of people who are determined to be somebody or to give trouble. They want to get ahead, to stand out. Such ambition has no use for a kung fu man, who rejects all forms of self-assertiveness and competition”
35. “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.”
36. “Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare. There is “what is” only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.”
37. “All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”
38. “Choose the positive. You have a choice, you are the master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success”
39. “If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land, no frame of mind is ever going to help you”
40. “Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier.”
30 Bruce Lee Quotes of All Times
41. “Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.”
42. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is unique to your own.”
43. “Fear comes from uncertainty; we can eliminate the fear within us when we know ourselves better.”
44. “Real living is living for others.”
45. “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail.”
46. “There is “what is” only when there is no comparing and to live with “what is” is to be peaceful.”
47. “Be happy, but never satisfied.”
48. “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities”.
49. “I’m moving and not moving at all. I’m like the moon underneath the waves that ever go on rolling and rocking. It is not, “I am doing this,” but rather, an inner realization that “this is happening through me,” or “it is doing this for me.” The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.”
50. “…we have more faith in what we imitate than in what we originate. We cannot derive a sense of absolute certitude from anything which has its roots in us.
51. The most poignant sense of insecurity comes from standing alone and we are not alone when we imitate. It is thus with most of us; we are what other people say we are. We know ourselves chiefly by hearsay.”
52. “To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.”
53. “Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.”
54. “Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student.”
55. “Self-knowledge involves relationship. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. The relationship is a process of self-evaluation and self-revelation. The relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself – to be is to be related.”
56. “Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
57. “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
58. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”
59. “In order to control myself, I must first accept myself by going with and not against my nature.”
60. “In the middle of chaos lies opportunity.”
61. “I wish neither to possess nor to be possessed. I no longer covet ‘paradise’. More importantly, I no longer fear ‘hell’.”
62. “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
63. “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.”
64. “The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, but I did not observe it, until this moment.
Now I see that I will never find the light unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, consuming myself.”
65. “…good technique includes quick changes, great variety, and speed. It may be a system of reversals much like a concept of God and the Devil.
66. In the speed of events, which one is really in charge?…to put the heart of martial arts in your own heart and have it be a part of you means total comprehension and the use of a freestyle. When you have that you will know that there are no limits.”
67. “For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
68. “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”
70. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”
Which Bruce Lee Quotes do you Resonate with the Most?
Bruce Lee lived a short life, he left a big impact. He will always be remembered in my heart for the life-changing wisdom he shared all around the world.
We hope that these quotes by bruce lee will inspire you to always stay positive and keep pushing yourself and become the best version of yourself.
Did you enjoy these Bruce Lee quotes? Which of these quotes was your favorite? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
[…] Also See: Top 70 Bruce Lee Quotes For Legendary Great Life […]
[…] Top 70 Bruce Lee Quotes For Legendary Great […]