© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
50 Best Chanakya Quotes, Thoughts, and Ideas with Images
Chanakya was an influential Brahmin philosopher, teacher, economist, and political adviser in ancient India. He is credited with authoring the Arthashastra, a treatise on politics and economics that was used to effectively guide the Mauryan Empire.
He is also credited with establishing many of the protocols of government and diplomacy that are still in place today.
Chanakya was an important figure in the development of the concept of Dharma which is the moral imperative that governs one’s behavior and actions in life. He is largely credited with laying the foundations of the Gupta Dynasty, which ushered in the golden age of Indian culture and learning during the 3216th and 331st centuries BCE.
50 Inspiring Chanakya Quotes
You will find the 50 best quotes by Chanakya on Chanakya Niti that are worth a read. All these Chanakya quotes are the thoughts of Chanakya and a great source of inspiration. So, with intense focus read and pen down these quotes by Chanakya.
20 Quotes by Chanakya
1. “The biggest guru mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It -will destroy you.” – Chanakya
2. “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple.” – Chanakya
3. “Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions – Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful? Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.” – Chanakya
4. “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be poisonous for its safety.” – Chanakya
5. “He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow, for the root of all grief is attachment. Thus one should discard attachment to be happy.” – Chanakya
6. “Once you start working on something don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.” – Chanakya
7. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.” – Chanakya
8. “If one has a good disposition, what other virtue is needed? If a man has fame, what is the value of other ornamentation?” – Chanakya
9. “Whoever looks at women in a bad way will never be holy. He invites his own decline.” – Chanakya
10. “Till the enemy’s weakness is known, he should be kept on friendly terms.” – Chanakya
11. “One who can’t determine his goals; cannot win.” – Chanakya
12. “We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment” – Chanakya
13. “Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown-up children are your best friends.” – Chanakya
14. ”You can win over a greedy by offering money, a proud person by covering before him. You can win a fool by agreeing with him and you can win a scholar by truth only.” – Chanakya
15. “How the drunkard does not know right or wrong, in the same way, a selfish human will not realize right or wrong.” – Chanakya
16. “The world’s biggest power is the beauty and the youth of a woman.” – Chanakya
17. “For the moon, though one, dispels the darkness, which the stars, though numerous, can not.” – Chanakya
18. “To test the reality of gold, we burn it in a fire. Similarly, the allegations on individuals test their genuineness.” – Chanakya
19. “A wise man should restrain his senses like the crane and accomplish his purpose with due knowledge of his place, time, and ability.” – Chanakya
20. “Drop the idea that love and attachment are one thing. They are enemies. It is the attachment that destroys all love.” – Chanakya
10 Thought of Chanakya
21. “It is not good for a wise man to live in a city where people break the law, don’t fear honor, don’t donate, and don’t respect the art.” – Chanakya
22. “A person who is aware of future troubles, and fights against them with his intelligence will be always happy. And a person who remains inactive (without working) waiting for good days to come will destroy his own life.” – Chanakya
23. “God is not present in idols. your feelings are your God. The soul is your temple.” – Chanakya
24. “One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others can use neither knowledge nor wealth to carry it into execution.” – Chanakya
25. “Wisdom raises the quality of governance, the wisdom is the theory and practice. it makes the ruler more efficient.” – Chanakya
26. “Skills are called hidden treasure as they save like a mother in a foreign country.” – Chanakya
27. “One should always be satisfying as possible in the case of the house, the wife, the children, the earnings, and the wealth. but should not be satisfying in case of knowledge.” – Chanakya
28. “He shall despise none, but hear the opinions of all. A wise man shall make use of even a child’s sensible utterance.” – Kautilya
29. “Victory over the senses (self-control) is the root of ( stability of) state.” – Chanakya
30. “Time perfects man as well as destroys them.” – Chanakya
10 Quotes of Chanakya
31. “Learning is like a cow of desire. It, like her, yields in all seasons. Like a mother, it feeds you on your journey. Therefore, learning is a hidden treasure.” – Chanakya
32. “If a king is energetic, his subjects will be equally energetic. If he is reckless, they will not only be reckless likewise but also eat into his works.” – Chanakya
33. “Beauty is spoiled by an immortal nature; noble birth by bad conduct; learning, without being perfected; and wealth by not being properly utilized.” – Chanakya
34. “Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher full of poison with milk on top.” – Chanakya
35. “Test a servant while in the discharge of his duty, a relative in difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife in misfortune.” – Chanakya
36. “A bee that cut the wood, does not dare to cut a flower. This is love.” – Chanakya
37. “We should always speak what would please the man of whom we expect a favor, like a hunter who sings sweetly when he desires to shoot a deer.” – Chanakya
38. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.” – Chanakya
39. “As a single withered tree, if set aflame, causes a whole forest to burn, so does a rascal son destroy a whole family.” – Chanakya
40. “Learn from others’ mistakes. Because you don’t have a long life to learn everything by making all mistakes. you really don’t have to touch the fire and see how hot it is.” – Chanakya
10 Chanakya Niti Quotes
41. “You can guess the origin of a person through his behavior, his native place via his tone, and his food intake by looking at the size of his belly.” – Chanakya
42. “The biggest guru mantra is; never to share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.” – Chanakya
43. “He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away, but he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby.”
44. “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.” – Chanakya
45. “O wise man! Give your wealth only to the worthy and never to others. The water of the sea received by the clouds is always sweet.” – Chanakya
46. “There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment; there is no disease like covetousness and no virtue like mercy.” – Chanakya
47. “Even if a gem be placed on the foot and a mirror on the head, Still, the gem will not lose its value.” – Chanakya
48. “As soon as the fear approaches near you, attack it and destroy it” – Chanakya
49. “All creatures are pleased by loving words, and therefore we should address words that are pleasing to all, for there is no lack of sweet words.” – Chanakya
50. “There is some self-interest behind every friendship without self-interest. This is a bitter truth.” – Chanakya
5 Learning Lessons from Chanakya Niti
Here are the 5 most important life lessons that one can learn from Chanakya Niti. The above Chanakya quotes clearly talk about these lessons.
1. Have a Vision
Chanakya was renowned for his clear vision and foresight. He sought to build a sense of unity among the people of India, which eventually led to the establishment of the Mauryan Empire. This is an example of how it is important to have a plan and keep our focus.
2. Hone Your Negotiation Skills
Chanakya was a master negotiator who understood the value of compromise and negotiation. He believed in finding a middle ground and was able to create alliances with many powerful kingdoms. These negotiation skills are essential in today’s world and can be used in many areas of life.
3. Be Adaptive
Chanakya was adaptable and had the ability to adjust quickly to changing circumstances. This adaptability helped him to thrive in different environments and pushed him toward success.
4. Cultivate Your Network
Chanakya was a master networker, forming strong relationships with powerful figures from around the world. This allowed him to gain access to valuable information, resources, and contacts. This lesson teaches us about the importance of networking and cultivating relationships in order to achieve success.
5. Seize Opportunities
Chanakya was a master strategist who acted swiftly and decisively when the opportunity presented itself. He was always prepared for challenges and embraced change. This taught us to never miss an opportunity and be as proactive as possible.