© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, or simply Rumi as we know him in English, was a 13th-century Persian Sunni Muslim poet and Sufi mystic. Centuries after his death, his work continues to influence countless individuals. His life and teachings exemplify the universal values of tolerance, reason, and access to knowledge through love.
His work was so profound that it transcended the boundaries of religion and race. Rumi’s poems have been translated into many languages.
His words and visions of inner peace and happiness are seen through the actions of performers and heard through the mouths of preachers.
Also read: 75 Gym Workout Quotes For Best Motivation
170 Rumi Quotes on Life with Images
Rumi’s poetry and spiritual teachings have been translated into many languages across the world and are becoming increasingly popular in the USA.
These are the Rumi Quotes that have most impacted my life:
60 Quotes by Rumi
1. Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.
2. Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.
3. Silence is the language of God all else is poor translation.
4. And you? When will you begin your long journey into yourself?
5. Speak a new language so that the world will be a new world.
6. Where there is pain, the remedy follows.
7. What hurts you blesses you, Darkness is your candle.
8. If only you knew what bliss I find in being nothing.
9. The very center of your heart is where life begins, the most beautiful place on earth.
10. I once had a thousand desires, but in my one desire to know you, all else melted away.
11. Once you conquer your selfish self, all your darkness will change to light!
12. Don’t be satisfied with stories, and how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
13. You are the soul of the universe and your name is Love.
14. Be silent. Only the hand of God can remove the burdens of your heart.
15. I went inside my heart to see how it was. the Something there makes me hear the whole world weeping.
16. No matter what happens just keep smiling and lose yourself in love.
17. When we have nothing left but God, we discover that God is enough.
18. If you wish mercy, show mercy to the weak.
19. Our death is our wedding with eternity. What is the secret? God is One.
20. Do not be sad! God sends help in the darkest of moments. The heaviest rain comes from clouds.
21. The fault is in the one who blames. Spirit sees nothing to criticize.
22. To love is human. To feel pain is human. Yet to still love despite the pain is pure Angel.
23. If you have much, give of your health and your wealth; if you have little give of your heart.
24. It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
25. Love asks for nothing and risks for everything.
26. Every tree, every growing thing as it grows, says this truth…..’You harvest what you sow.
27. Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer.
28. The Sufi is the friend of the present moment. To say tomorrow is not our way.
29. The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
30. This world is in deep trouble, from top to bottom. But it can be swiftly healed by the balm of love.
31. In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion.
32. The patience of a Rose close to a thorn keeps it fragrant.
33. Stop searching here and there, the Jewels are inside you.
34. When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in a perfect position.
35. Silence is an ocean. Speech is a river.
36. When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
37. I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.
38. We fight a fierce war within. What is the point of fighting with others?
39. The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
40. Last night I learned how to be a lover of god; to live in these worlds and call nothing my own.
41. Respond to every call that excites your spirit.
42. A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.
43. Shine like the whole is yours.
44. Whenever sorrow comes, be kind to it.
45. I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.
46. Close your fault-finding eyes, and open the spiritual eye.
47. I can’t pretend to be a lion; able to conquer the enemy. To master me would be enough.
48. Death has nothing to do with going away. The sunsets, and the moon sets but they are not gone.
49. For God has placed a pearl in sorrow’s hand.
50. If people misunderstand you, do not worry…It is your voice that they hear, but what goes through their mind is their own thoughts.
51. Anger is like a strong wind. It calms down after a while, but lots of branches are already broken.
52. Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.
53. My heart is so precious, I won’t trade it for a hundred thousand souls, yet your one smile takes it for free.
54. Don’t be fooled by my beauty. The light of my face comes from the candle of my spirit.
55. I grow silent. Dear soul, you speak.
56. Achieve some excellence in yourself, so that you may not fall into sorrow by seeing the excellence in others.
57. What is Sufism? Good character and awareness of love, the care for hatred and vengeance, that’s Sufism nothing more.
58. Our greatest strength lies in the gentleness and tenderness of our hearts.
59. If you are looking for a faultless friend, you will be friendless.
60. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad; that degrade you back towards disease and death.
60 Rumi Love Quotes
61. I asked, ‘Why have I received only this?’ A voice replied, ‘Only this will lead you to that!’.
62. Don’t grieve for what doesn’t come. Some things that don’t happen keep disasters from happening.
63. Whenever we can manage to love without expectations, calculations, and negotiations, we are indeed in Heaven.
64. I know nothing better than gratitude which brings in its wake the daily bread and its increase.
65. If you could get rid of yourself just once, the secret of secrets would open to you.
66. If you have to keep breathing your heart until it opens.
67. It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away so that when I have gone and come back, I will find it at home.
68. The soul sometimes lives the body, then returns. When someone doesn’t believe that, walk into my house.
69. They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls.
70. The moon stays bright when it doesn’t avoid the night.
71. Love is always thirsty and looking for a thirsty lover. love and lover follow each other day and night.
72. Let me sit here, on the threshold of two worlds. lost in the eloquence of silence.
73. No the true definition of yourself. That is essential. then, when you know your own definition, flee from it.
74. Many of the faults you see in others, dear reader, are your own nature reflected in them.
75. Practice is the essence of praise. Have patience, for that is true worship. No other worship is worth as much.
76. Before death takes away what you are given, away what there is to give.
77. I do not want to waste my words on tired minds. I can only talk to those who are thirsty for the sea.
78. A lover is never lonely, forever with the hidden beloved.
79. I dug into my heart deeper to see who is inside, the more I dug, the more I lost myself.
80. Be silent! He who knows all secrets in present.
81. From cane reeds, sugar. From a worm’s cocoon, silk. Be patient if you can, from sour grapes will come something sweet.
82. If you dwell on the past or future, you will miss the moment.
83. There are lovers content with longing. I am not one of them.
84. The angel is free because of his knowledge, and the beast because of his ignorance. Between the two remains the son of man to struggle.
85. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
86. Walk with grief like a good friend. Listen to what he says. Sometimes the cold and dark of a cave give us the opening we most want.
87. Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk!
88. We all face death in the end. But on the way, be careful never to hurt a human heart!
89. Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life!
90. Whether I travel to the east or west, or up to the sky, I won’t see any sign of life, until I see you again.
91. If you find a trusted friend, tell him the secrets of your soul. If you see a rose, sing from your heart, like a nightingale.
92. Life is a balance between holding on and letting go.
93. Be with those who help your being.
94. The one who has a good friend doesn’t need a mirror.
95. As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.
96. What you seek is seeking you.
97. There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.
98. Don’t sit and wait. Get out there, and feel life. Touch the sun, and immerse in the sea.
99. In silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and watch. how the pattern improves.
100. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
Also read: 160 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes And Wishes
101. Protect yourself from your own thoughts.
102. Everyone has been made for some particular work and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.
103. My words are like a ship, and the sea in their meaning. Come to me and I will take you to depths of spirit.
104. Give up grace. The ocean takes care of each wave ’til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know.
105. When setting out on a journey do not seek advice from someone who never left home.
106. Love is the bridge between you and everything.
107. The soul has been given its own ears to hear things the mind does not understand.
108. Maybe you are searching among branches for what only appears in the roots.
109. Being a candle is not easy; in order to give light, one must first burn.
110. Your heart knows the way…Run in that direction.
111. Be a lamp, a lifeboat, a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.
112. Never lose hope, my dear heart, miracles in the invisible.
113. The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.
114. There is nothing I want but your presence. In friendship, time dissolves.
115. The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.
116. The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.
117. Be quiet. find acquaintance with silence. Go inside. delve into your heart. Take a day off from the clamor.
118. Beg of God the removal of envy, that God may deliver you from externals, and bestow upon you an inward occupation, which will absorb you so that your attention is not drawn away.
119. My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
120. Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.
50 Love Quotes by Rumi
121. I am neither of the East nor of the West, no boundaries exist within my breast.
122. The one who has a good friend doesn’t need a mirror.
123. Your legs will get heavy and tired. Then comes a moment of feeling the wings you’ve grown. Lifting.
124. You’ve come to know the fortunate and the inauspicious stars, but you don’t know whether you yourself are fortunate or lucky.
125. Listen! Clam up your mouth and be silent like an oyster shell, for that tongue of yours is the enemy of the soul, my friend. When the lips are silent, the heart has a hundred tongues.
126. From love, the soul learns a thousand that can never be learned in schools.
127. Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.
128. Through Love all that is bitter will be sweet, Through Love, all that is copper will be gold, Through Love, all dregs will become wine, through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
129. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
130. Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
131. There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.
132. Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become the greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.
133. Don’t let them think that we’ve broken down; That we’ve cracked up. We are merely drooped leaves, for further spring.
134. Be patient whenever you sit in the dark. dawn is coming.
135. Beauty surrounds us, but usually, we need to be walking in a garden to know it.
136. All doubt disappears and fear becomes insignificant once the intention of life becomes love.
137. Forget the nonsense of there and here, race, nation, religion, starting point, and destination you are soul and you are love.
138. If you’re irritated by the rub, how will you be polished?
139. We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us.
140. Your worst enemy is hiding within yourself, and that enemy is your false ego.
Also read: 43 Brilliant Fitness Motivation Quotes
141. You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
142. The wound is the place where the light enters you.
143. I have thirsty fish in me, that can never find enough of what it’s thirsty for.
144. When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.
145. When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near the truth.
146. Tender words we spoke to one another are sealed in the secret vaults of heaven. One day like rain, they will fall to earth and green all over the world.
147. What comes, will go. What is found, will be lost again. But what you are is beyond coming and going and beyond description. You are it.
148. Love is that it never sleeps, nor even rests, nor stays for long with those that do. Love is the language that cannot be said, or heard.
149. If you want the moon, do not hide at night. If you want a rose, do not run from the thorns. If you want love, do not hide from yourself.
150. Heart is a sea, Language is the Shore. Whatever is in the sea hits the shore.
151. I learned that every mortal will taste death. But only some will taste life.
152. Be an empty page, untouched by words.
153. My face is a hundred times brighter when I see your face. My soul is a hundred times happier when your soul is near.
154. If the house of the world is dark, love will find a way to create windows.
155. Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing, there is a field I’ll meet you there
156. The desire to know your own soul will end all other desires.
157. There’s a path from your heart to mine.
158. Free yourself from your own thoughts.
159. You appear like the moon, and make me aware of love.
160. In your light, I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.
161. Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
162. Lovers find secret places inside this violent world where they make transactions with beauty.
163. Come on, sweetheart let’s adore one another before there is no more of you and me.
164. Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
165. Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
166. Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.
167. The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
168. How should Spring bring forth a garden of hard stone? Become earth, that you may grow flowers of many colors. For you have been a heart-breaking rock. Once, for the sake of experiment, be earth!
169. Plant the love of the holy ones within your spirit; don’t give your heart to anything, but the love of those whose hearts are glad.
170. Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.
Final Thoughts on Rumi Quotes
Rumi Quotes are like inspirational quotes for me as it teaches a lot. Reading these Rumi quotes satisfies me and gives a positive attitude that one should must-have for sure. You can also read Abdul Kalam Inspirational Quotes.