© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
The way people interpret and respond to particular situations is what leads to feelings of rage. Everybody has different things as a result, and anger is a natural emotion and can even help solve difficulties, whether they arise at work or home.
If you forgive the person who offended you, your relationship may improve and you both may be able to benefit from the experience.
61 Anger Quotes help you Express yourself
It can be difficult to control your anger, and it may lead you to act in ways you wouldn’t ordinarily act. Anger only becomes a problem when it is excessively shown and starts to negatively impact your everyday functioning and interpersonal relationships.
Check out these quotes on anger to relax your mind and use the emotion for your own benefit.
20 Anger Quotes To Help You Calm Down
“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”Buddha
This quote from Buddha reminds us that holding onto anger only harms ourselves, not the person we are angry with. It’s important to let go of negative emotions and focus on our own well-being instead of seeking revenge or holding grudges. By releasing our anger, we can find inner peace and move forward with positivity.
“When anger rises, think of the consequences.”Confucius
This quote from Confucius is a great reminder to pause and think before reacting in anger. It’s easy to let our emotions take over and lash out, but it’s important to consider the consequences of our actions. Will our anger hurt others or ourselves in the long run? Taking a moment to reflect can help us make better choices and move forward in a positive way.
“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”Mark Twain
This quote from Mark Twain is a powerful reminder that holding onto anger can be detrimental to our own well-being. When we hold onto anger, it eats away at us from the inside and can cause physical and emotional harm. It’s important to find healthy ways to release our anger and move forward with positivity.
1. “Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” ― James Thurber
2. “Just as the winds whip up the sea, so does anger stir confusion in the mind.” — John Climacus
3. “A moment of anger can destroy a lifetime of work, whereas a moment of love can break barriers that took a lifetime to build.” — Leon Brown
4. “Anger is only one letter short of danger.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “An angry man is again angry with himself when he returns to reason.” ― Publilius Syrus
6. “The angriest person in a controversy is the one most liable to be in the wrong.” — John Tillotson
7. “If we could learn even a little to like ourselves, maybe our cruelties and anger might melt away.” — John Steinbeck
8. “The real destroyer of inner peace is fear and distrust. Fear develops frustration, frustration develops anger, anger develops violence.” — Dalai Lama
9. “If you want to conquer the anger of others, live with them.” ― Epictetus
10. “An angry man opens his mouth and shuts his eyes.” ― Cato the Elder
11. “Anger is a choice, not a condition.” ― Gary Chapman
12. “Never make a decision in anger and never make a promise in happiness.” — Ali ibn Abi Talib
13. “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” — Solomon
14. “Anger is an energy that can be used for positive change.” ― Russell Eric Dobda
15. “Anger is a wind that blows out the lamp of the mind.” ― Robert G. Ingersoll
16. “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” — Louis Nizer
17. “Anger manages everything badly.” — Johannes Stadius
18. “Every criticism, judgment, diagnosis, and expression of anger is the tragic expression of an unmet need.” — Marshall B. Rosenberg
19. “If a man be under the influence of anger, his conduct will not be correct.” — Confucius
20. “The best way to deal with anger is to prevent it.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
20 Quotes on Anger
21. “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” – Ambrose Bierce
22. “Expressing anger is necessary.” – Jenny Holzer
23. “Generally speaking, if a human being never shows anger, then I think something’s wrong. He’s not right in the brain.” – Dalai Lama
24. “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “The greatest remedy for anger is a delay.” — Thomas Paine
26. “When you want to become free, your righteousness and anger are much less interesting than they used to be.” — Ram Dass
27. “People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.” — Stephen Hawking
28. “Anger makes us feel so isolated.” — Fred Rogers
29. “If you try to get rid of fear and anger without knowing their meaning, they will grow stronger and return.” – Deepak Chopra
30. “Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.” – Proverbs 29:11
31. “Anger is the feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind.” – Evan Esar
32. “If we wish to express anger fully, the first step is to divorce the other person from any responsibility for our anger.” – Marshall Rosenberg
33. “Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.” – Aristotle
34. “Anger is like a storm rising up from the bottom of your consciousness. When you feel it coming, turn your focus to your breath.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
35. “Angry people are not always wise.” – Jane Austen
36. “When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred.” — Thomas Jefferson
37. “Get mad, then get over it.” – Colin Powell
38. “Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.” – Ecclesiastes 7:9
39. “Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it… Don’t allow his anger to become your anger.” – Bohdi Sanders
40. “I believe that things should be let go once they are discussed. Apology accepted. End of story.” – Brad Goreski
10 Angry Quotes for you
41. “Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything—anger, anxiety, or possessions—we cannot be free.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
42. “Learn this from me. Holding anger is poison. It eats you from the inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.” – Mitch Album
43. “A grudge is like being stung to death by one bee.” – William Walton
44. “There should be anger management classes for those of us who bottle it up.” –Joyce Rachelle
45. “Men in rage strike those that wish them best.” – William Shakespeare
46. “When you hold on to anger and unforgiveness, you can’t move forward.” – Mary J. Blige
47. “There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.” – Plato
48. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
49. “Holding on to anger, resentment, and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache, and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.” – Joan Lunden
50. “Anger, resentment, and jealousy don’t change the heart of others—it only changes yours.” – Shannon Alder
11 Quotes on Anger
51. “Angry people want you to see how powerful they are… loving people want you to see how powerful You are.” – Chief Red Eagle
52. “You can’t selectively numb your anger, any more than you can turn off all lights in a room, and still expect to see the light.” – Shannon L. Alder
53. “Do not let your anger lead to hatred, as you will hurt yourself more than you would the other.” – Stephen Richards
54. “Sometimes, it took seconds to control your anger, only to avoid the state of the eternal feud.” – Toba Beta
55. “I am heartened to find so much wit in you, that you’d give thought to consequences and choose your way with reason, not passion only.” – Deborah J. Lightfoot
56. “Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry.” – Henry Ward Beecher
57. “When someone says that I’m angry it’s actually a compliment. I have not always been direct with my anger in my relationships, which is part of why I’d write about it in my songs because I had such fear around expressing anger as a woman.” – Alanis Morissette
58. “Anger is stupid, and stupidity will kill you more surely than your opponent’s blade.” – Patricia Briggs
59. “When angry, count four. When very angry, swear.” – Mark Twain
60. “Whatever begins in anger ends in shame.” – Benjamin Franklin
61. “Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong.” — Baltasar Gracian
How to control your Anger?
As a result, anger is a natural emotion and can even help solve difficulties, whether they arise at work or home. But as we’ve seen, if anger results in hostility, outbursts, or even physical altercations, it can become a problem. Here are some strategies for managing your anger:
- Start by counting to 100. Your heart rate will slow and your rage should dissipate in the time it takes you to count.
- Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth for a few seconds.
- Let your muscles loose.
- Enter a peaceful area, close your eyes, and practice picturing yourself in a tranquil setting.
- Listen to music and write in your journal.
- Consult a friend.