© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
Quotes on love for Animals: Animals are the kind, kind beings who enrich our lives with joy and happiness. Because they are aware that animals have kind hearts, millions of people prefer to have a cat or dog as a pet Love for animals is a compassionate emotion that can only come from a good heart.
From the above Loving Animal quotes, we understand that animals are lovable and caring and there are many reasons why people adore these loving animals, and having pets is good for our physical, mental, and emotional health. If we include pet animals in our lives, they bring joy to us, as they connect emotionally. It can be just as difficult to lose a pet as it is to lose a loved one.
Hope you like these quotes on love for animals, Spread the word about your love for animals by sharing these loving animal quotes with everyone you know.
140 Famous Quotes on Love for Animals
There are many wonderful and lovely animals in the animal kingdom that contribute significantly to our biodiversity. Not everyone knows care and compassion as animal lovers do, they make the ideal companions. It’s highly improbable that someone who has loved animals with all of their heart has ever experienced disappointment in return.
These love quotes for animals are sure to bring a smile to the faces of those of us who live with pets. Take a look at these quotes on love for animals to understand more about the subject.
15 Famous Quotes on Love for Animals
1. “Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own and makes it so much larger and better in every way.” – John Muir
2. “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be –the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourselves.” – Farley Mowat
3.“How it is that animals understand things I do not know, but it is certain that they do understand. Perhaps there is a language which is not made of words and everything in the world understands it.” – Frances Hodgson Burnett
4. “Lots of people talk to animals…not very many listen though…that’s the problem.” –Benjamin Hoff
5. “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” – Woodrow Wilson
6. “Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.” –Arthur Schopenhauer
7. “All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For after all, he was only human, he wasn’t a dog.” – Charles M. Schulz
8. “The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
9. “People speak sometimes about the ‘bestial’ cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”- Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Never be embarrassed by how much you care about animals and how they’re treated.” – Stephanie Feldstein
12. “I love animals, sometimes more than people, because they don’t judge. All they want is love.” – H.J. Lawson
13. There’s no shame if you love and care about animals.
14. Love animals if you want to get closer to God.
15. “I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contained, I stand and look at them long and long.” — Walt Whitman
15 Popular Loving Animal Quotes
16. “Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!” – Theophile Gautier
17. “We patronize the animals for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man.” – Henry Beston
18. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.” — Mark Twain
19. “If there is one thing I disapprove of it’s the unnatural capture and taming of wild animals, whether an elephant or a bird.” — Lawrence Anthony
20. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole
21. If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.” — Steve Irwin
22. “Zoos are becoming facsimiles – or perhaps caricatures – of how animals once were in their natural habitat.” – Michael J. Fox.
23. “Animals are a window to your soul and a doorway to your spiritual destiny.” – Kim Shotola
24. “To me, the only good cage is an empty cage.” –Lawrence Anthony.
25. “Sometimes losing a pet is more painful than losing a human because, in the case of the pet, you were not pretending to love it.” – Amy Sedaris.
26. “A house is never lonely where a lovely dog waits”.
27. Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
28. “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” – Jean Cocteau
29. “Time spent with cats is never wasted.” – Sigmund Freud
30. “Dogs come when they’re called; cats take a message and get back to you later.” – Mary Bly
10 Best Animal Lover Quotes
31. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent.” – Milan Kundera
32. “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you feel rich.” – Louis Sabin
33. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
34. “He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” – Immanuel Kant
35. “Anyone can learn how to communicate with animals if they are open to the process and willing to practice.” – Karen A Anderson
36. “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” – James Cromwell
37. “Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny, and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children.” – Michael Morpurgo
38. “Sometimes, your pet picks you.” –Julie Wenzel
39. “Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” – Alfred A. Montapert
40. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” – Martin Buber
20 Soothing Animal Lover Quotes
41. “My relationship with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance.” – William S. Burroughs
42. “A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” – Chinese Proverb
43. “Be kind to all pets and animals because they will be kind back to you.” – Wesley Porter
44. “You learn in this business: If you want a friend, get a dog.” – Carl Icahn
45. “I really love pets. They’re like children. They know if you really love them or not. You can’t fool them.” – Donna Douglas
46. “Those who love dogs, know something about God.” – Fakeer Ishavardas
47. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” – Albert Schweitzer
48. “Dogs have personalities. Personality goes a long way.” – Quentin Tarantino
49. “What greater gift than the love of a cat?” – Charles Dickens
50. “Cats have it all – admiration, endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” – Rod McKuen
51. “Pets, like their owners, tend to expand a little over the Christmas period.” – Frances Wright
52. “I’ve met many thinkers and many cats, but the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” – Hippolyte Taine
53. “Indeed, there is nothing on this earth more peaceful than a sleeping, purring cat.” – Jonathon Scott Payne
54. “Birds teach us something very important: To whatever height you rise, you will finally come down to the ground!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
55. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz
56. “Those who teach us most about humanity, aren’t always human.”
57. “There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it and keep it around.” – Dick Dale
58. “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
59. “The bond with a dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
60. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” – James Herriot
20 Quotes on Love for Animals
61. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” ― Colette
62. “Pets reflect you like mirrors. When you are happy, you can see your dog smiling and when you are sad, your cat cries.” –Munia Khan
63. “To me, a cat is an easy pet, they don’t need any spoiling or looking after.” – Karl Pilkington
64. “Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.” – Walter Lionel George
65. “If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am.” –Charles Yu
66. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the Role Model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
67. “The purity of a person’s heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals” – Anonymous
68. “If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” – Pam Brown
69. “All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.” – Samuel Butler
70. “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.” –Max Eastman
71. “The cat is there when you call her – if she doesn’t have something better to do.” – Bill Alder
72. “There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.” – Robert Lynd
73. “Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives.” – Sue Murphy
74. “I believe all animals were created by God to help keep man Alive.” – Iwao Fujita
75. “There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.” – Ben Williams
76. “Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being which we may strive to attain.” – Douglas Coupland
77. “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
78. “Pets have more love and compassion in them than most humans.” – Robert Wagner
79. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
80. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” – Josh Billings
20 Best Loving Animal Quotes that make you feel Awe
81. “Here, Gentlemen, a dog teaches us a lesson in humanity.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
82. “What a dog I got, his favorite bone is in my arm.” – Rodney Dangerfield
83. “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” – Robert A. Heinlein
84. “If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.” – Mark Twain
85. “Kittens are wide-eyed, soft, and sweet. With needles in their jaws and feet.” – Pam Brown
86. “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” – Kinky Friedman
87. “My little dog – a heartbeat at my feet.” – Eddie Wharton
88. “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
89. “Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job.” – Franklin P. Jones
90. “Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.” – Franklin P. Jones
91. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” – John Grogan
92. “If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.” – Harry Truman
93. “It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” – John Grogan
94. “The greatest fear dogs know is the fear that you will not come back when you go out the door without them.” – Stanley Coren
95. “What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around—that’s their job.” – George Carlin
96. “Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mailman is not to be trusted.” – Sian Ford
97. “My cats inspire me daily. They inspire me to get a dog!” – Greg Curtis
98. “Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, and half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth!” – Anne Tyler
99. “I don’t think twice about picking up my dog’s poop, but if another dog’s poop is next to it, I think, ‘Eww, dog poop!” – Jonah Goldberg
100. “A well-trained dog will make no attempt to share your lunch. He will just make you feel so guilty that you cannot enjoy it.” – Helen Thomson
20 Heartwarming and Loving animal quotes
101. “If aliens saw us walking our dogs and picking up their poop, who would they think is in charge?”
102. “You can trust your dog to guard your house but never trust your dog to guard your sandwich.”
103. “Dogs are like potato chips. You can’t have just one.”
104. “My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That’s almost $21.00 in dog money.” – Joe Weinstein
105. “No home decor is complete without dog hair.”
106. “You can’t ever be a cat owner; in the best of cases it allows you to be their companion.” – Harry Swanson.
107. “Dogs eat. Cats dine.” – Ann Taylor.
108. “Once a cat loves you, it loves you till the end.” – Will Advise.
109. “I like dogs. You always know what a dog is thinking. It has four moods. Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating. Also, dogs are faithful and they do not tell lies because they cannot talk.” – Mark Haddon.
110. “I was thinking of getting a German Shepherd once, but I didn’t want to learn another language just to have a dog.” –
111. “If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.” – Phil Pastoret
112. “Choosing a dog may be the only chance you get to pick a relative.” – Unknown
113. “If you want the best seat in the house, you’ll have to move the dog.” – Unknown
114. “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” – Robert Falcon Scott
115. “The dog that trots about finds a bone.” – Golda Meir
116. “It’s difficult to understand why people don’t realize that pets are gifts to mankind.” –Linda Blair
117. “Parrots make great pets. They have more personality than goldfish.” –Chevy Chase
118. “Pets have made us better.” –Beth Ostrosky Stern
119. “People that love dogs have an emotional connection with them and I just think they are the most loving and fun pets you can have.” –Steve Backshall
120. “I don’t treasure things much – just people. And pets.” –Felicity Kendal
20 Best Loving Animal Quotes
121. “People really do spend a lot of money on their pets – sometimes more than themselves.” –Oksana Baiul
122. “Adopted pets are the best pets you can have.” –Josh Duhamel
123. “I’ve learned from my pets that it’s okay to sit around, and people don’t love you any less if you sit around all the time.” –Maria Bamford
124. “Pets inspire many different types of behaviour in their owners, mostly ranging from adoration to ridiculous obsessiveness, in my experience.” –Sheherazade Goldsmith
125. “I think pets are a good thing, especially if you get them out of a shelter.” -Mitchel
126. “Cats have a scam going – you buy the food, they eat the food, they go away; that’s the deal.” — Eddie Izzard
127. “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” — Charles de Gaulle
128. “The truth is that it’s just really hard for me to get to sleep without a dog in my bedroom.” — Jimmy Stewart
129. “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” — Ernest Hemingway
130. “My idea of absolute happiness is to be in bed on a rainy day with my blankie, my cat, and my dog.” — Anne Lamott
131. “If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way.” — Mark Twain
132. “A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden.” — Robert Southey
133.“Kittens are angels with whiskers.” — Alexis Flora Hope“If dogs could talk, perhaps we would find it as hard to get along with them as people.” — Capek
134. “There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog.” — Konrad Lorenz
135. “My favourite type of pet has always been a dog. They’re loyal, kind and offer endless affection.” — Brendon Urie
136. “Pets understand humans better than humans do.” — Ruchi Prabhu
137. “Recruit your pet as a study partner. Cats are usually more than happy to do this—in fact, you may have trouble keeping them off keyboards and books—and dogs will often serve as well. Few things are more relaxing than having a warm, furry creature next to you as you study.” — Stefanie Weisman
138. “If you accept that pets can love us as much as we do them, then the logic is clear and cannot be denied. If you believe that there is a heaven for people, then they must be there, waiting for us, when we cross over. Heaven is love, and pets always share that with us.” — Wallace Sife
139. “Pets bring vital energy to our homes and lives. Pets communicate many messages about love and connection. Care tenderly for all pets throughout their precious lives. The interspecies dance of love softens and expands the heart.” — Laura Staley
140. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” ― Dean Koontz
How to Take a Good Care of Your Pets
Taking good care of your pets is essential! Here are some tips that can help:
1. Establish a routine. Make sure to include regular meal times, playtime and walks.
2. Keep their living space clean. Clean up and dispose of pet waste regularly.
3. Provide proper nutrition. Make sure to feed your pet appropriate meals with the required nutrients and vitamins.
4. Exercise your pet regularly. This helps to keep your pet healthy and happy.
5. Visit the vet. Have your pet checked regularly for any health issues.
6. Socialize your pet. Take your pet out for walks and let them socialize with other people and animals.