© 2020-23 Quotes Checker. All rights reserved.
The classic cat quotes below are sure to make you smile, or console you in the event that a dear cat buddy passes away. Our favourite quotes about cats are listed here, and use them as Instagram captions for your cat pics.
Fun Facts about Cats
- The record for the longest cat ever is 48.5 inches.
- Cats have a total of 32 muscles in each of their ears.
- Cats spend 70% of their lives sleeping.
- Cats can have a dominant front paw.
- House cats share 95.6% of their genetic makeup with tigers.
- In 1963 a cat went to space.
- A house cat can reach speeds of up to 30mph.
- Cats walk like camels and giraffes.
- Cats are nearsighted, but their peripheral vision and night vision are far superior compared to humans.
20 Short Captions for Cats
1. “All you need is love and a cat.”
2. “Every cat is my best friend.”
3. “What greater gift than the love of a cat?”
4. “Cats are inquisitive, but hate to admit it.” – Mason Cooley
5. “Just watching my cats can make me happy.” – Paula Cole
6. “Kittens are angels with whiskers.” – Alexis Flora Hope
7. “Like all pure creatures, cats are practical.” – William S. Burroughs
8. “I used to love dogs until I discovered cats.” – Nafisa Joseph
9. “Cats are only human, they have their faults” – Kingsley Amis
10. “Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.” – James Herriot
11. “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” – Charles Dickens
12. “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” – Leonardo da Vinci
13. “One cat just leads to another.” – Ernest Hemingway
14. “Cats, as you know, are quite impervious to threats.” –Connie Willis
15. “You can not look at a sleeping cat and feel tense.” – Jane Pauley
16. “Cats choose us; we don’t own them.” – Kristin Cast
17. “The phrase ‘domestic cat’ is an oxymoron.” – George Will
18. “I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” – Hippolyte Taine
19. “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” – Terry Pratchett
20. “I’m not sure why I like cats so much. I mean, they’re really cute obviously. They are both wild and domestic at the same time.” – Michael Showalter
10 Cute Cat Quotes That You Can Relate
21. “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” – Ernest Hemingway
22. “I love my cats more than I love most people. Probably more than is healthy.” – Amy Lee
23. “A happy arrangement: many people prefer cats to other people, and many cats prefer people to other cats.” – Mason Cooley
24. “When the cat you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.”
25. “No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.” – Abraham Lincoln
26. “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” – Jean Cocteau
27. “Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.” – Jim Davis
28. “It is impossible for a lover of cats to banish these alert, gentle, and discriminating friends, who give us just enough of their regard and complaisance to make us hunger for more.” – Agnes Repplier
29. “Your house will always be blessed with love, laughter, and friendship if you have a cat.”- Lewis Carroll
30. “The memories and paw print of a beloved cat remains in our heart and soul forever.”
31. “A kitten is the delight of a household. All day long a comedy is played out by an incomparable actor.” –Champfleury
32. “Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.” – W. L. George
33. “I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.” – Jules Verne